View Single Post
Old 2009-08-12, 19:14   Link #1171
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackCat View Post
So, I don't know if anyone else has thought this, but I've got a theory about Battler and Ange.

Well first off, I have an anti-magic standpoint on Umineko, so a lot of things are harder to explain. For example, I think the whole time travel thing with Ange is crock. So if Ange and Battler both meet, what does this mean?

Well first off, I'm pretty sure it's a red statement that she's his sister, so it's not like everything can be explained just with her being delusional. But I still think she is slightly delusional, which is made pretty obvious in Ep 4.

Anyway, I think Battler was actually Kyrie's child and Ange was Asumu's. Both Ange and Battler are 18, so agewise it fits perfectly. I can't really piece it all together, so it's kind of a scattered theory, but I think I'm on the right track. Like, for some reason Kinzo never seems to mention Ange when talking about his grandchildren and she doesn't have a spot at the dinner table. In Episode 1 it's kind of understandable maybe as the writer just not having the foresight at that point, with the scope of everything. But it's the same thing in Episode 4, which gets a bit strange.

So yeah.
Ange is confirmed to be 6 during 1986 and 18 during 1998. Although it's still possible, but that would mean Asumu would have given birth to Ange before dying and Kyrie faked being pregnant with Ange - the latter sounds odd though.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote