View Single Post
Old 2012-11-30, 11:19   Link #99
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
the sage was BORN with the rinnegan.
Where was that mentioned? If i remember correctly the only one who was talking a bit more in depth about the Sage was Tobito at the kage summit. Sure he said that the sage had the rinnegan, but we don't know if he originally had it or he got it only after sealing the 10-tails in himslf. All the information is from the secret Uchiha shrine, so if the author wants he can go both ways. We were led to believe that the rinnegan can manifest in random people like Nagato. But then it was discovered that Nagato never had the rinnegan, so what if neither the Sage was born with it. It's just an idea that has a good chance to be wrong. But i think that if the author wants to make it logical then it's either this or itachi-san314's explanation, simply because both the 10-tails and the sage having the rinnegan at the same time in history completely independently of each other doesn't make sense. Of course the author could create some back story where the 10-tails is an experiment of the Sage gone bad or both the Sage and the 10-tails have been created by someone else (for example they were created by some secret society that knows everything and Sasuke is right now seeking them) but that would mean a new story line which is unlikely in my opinon. Unless the manga needs new topics to continue for more years to come In that case it may be that new characters will be added to the story who are somehow related to the sage (which would make sense since saying that the sage was completely alone while creating the ninja world is nonsense, he at least had to have a wife to have his 2 children). In the end the 3rd logical way to have them both have rinnegan is that their existence was not unrelated, somehow the Sage and the 10-tails were related. Finding more answers about this will probably be Sasuke's job now.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote