View Single Post
Old 2012-08-06, 15:16   Link #88
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
It was really too much of a fan service episode to my taste, then again that was probably mandatory from a franchise that has a whole spin off almost entirely based ont that.

I agree that TE doesn't really make you feel like there's a planetary war going on where humanity as a whole is losing with the risk of total extinction. Yui is probably the only character that seems to remember that, but I think it'd be best to show the same concern and worry from those guys who actually have their countries currently occupied by a swarm of human-eating beasts.

Anyway the worst part to me was seeing Yui hurting herself just like that. Is she a badass soldier or a damsel in distress? If this was a survival test she would have pathetically lost it.

And she is an imperial guard no less.

"You've brought shame upon yourself, Takamura Yui! You should commit seppuku!"

Just kidding, but still... I suppose that was "necessary" to show her cute side.
Soldiers aren't invincible. Don't forget that after she sprained her ankle(most likely twisting it by how she fell) she was still able to pull that lifeboat and didn't collapse until after carrying Cryska around for a bit with Yuuya.