View Single Post
Old 2012-11-22, 05:48   Link #5747
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Alex Smith is only three years older than Kaepernick who is 25. Steve Young became the 49ers starter at the age of 29 when Montana was traded. Kurt Warner at Warren Moon became starters at 28. The age issue isn't a big deal.

Kaepernick is apparently the starter against the Saints this weekend and it's apparently not health related. I completely disagree with what Harbaugh is doing, and it's not because I'm an Alex Smith fan. It just seems illogical. The team is currently 7-2-1 and in prime position to secure a #2 seed if they can hold on to it in the NFC. Smith has played well. He hasn't lost games for the 49ers and did what they asked him to do. Over the last season and a half he's also brought the team back a few times and not just against bad defenses. He hasn't done anything to lose his job and is coming off a pretty good couple of outings before he got hurt.

Harbaugh barely deserves the benefit of the doubt on this one. It was merely one game. I would have thought Harbaugh out of anyone would be able to recognize what Smith has done to be the starter and how well he's played (considering the career Harbaugh had himself as a journeyman). Sure Kaepernick is his guy he traded up to get in the draft, but there is literally no reason to make a change up at QB right now based on one game. Didn't Chad Henne just have a fantastic game against the Texans the other day? Honestly this comes off as a bitch move, but whatever. I just hope the season doesn't go down the drain, the locker room gets divided, and some dumbass stunt like using two quarterbacks in games happens. They tried that shit earlier and it didn't really work and screwed up momentum at times. This isn't college, this is the NFL. We'll see if Kaepernick can perform in a hostile environment against a team that is hungry for revenge. As long as we win I'm good.
Personally, I'm inclined to believe that GARbaugh made the move to start Kaep early to prevent the media from milking the issue all week. Given how the Saints D has preformed over the past two weeks, Kaep won't look that good, but The Niners might cough up a win anyways because of the way our D-Line will maul Brees and co.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote