Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Darling in the Franxx
View Single Post
Old 2018-02-10, 19:36   Link #670
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a really good episode.

Hiro is going through the opposite of what the other pilots went through. Given the color of the growth on his chest, there's little doubt he's turning into a klaxosaur. He'll probably have an easier time piloting with Zero Two the further he transforms, so the drama will switch from "Hiro might die" to "Hiro is turning into a monster".

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it, but I thought it was interesting that the kids pray to/for their Papa before every meal. We knew about their devotion to him, but I didn't think they were basically taught to worship him like a God.

It seems Parasites can never hope to become adults. They're used as weapons, and are most likely disposed of once they reach a certain age, probably because only teenagers have what it takes to pilot a Franxx. I take it Zero Two's adult partner from the first episode was a special case due to aging rapidly. What about Hachi and Nana though? Because of their name, I assumed they used to be Parasites. Perhaps the best of them are kept around to groom the next generation.

A bit disappointed that Mitsuru hasn't changed, or if he has, it's for the worse. I bet he doesn't have long to live regardless of the fact he won't pilot with Zero Two anymore.

Goro has been a real bro so far and I'm really hoping he won't turn into an antagonist because of his unrequited love for Ichigo. It's too early to tell, but I'm afraid the story is heading that way. I'll praise the writers if they avoid that cliché.

Regarding Zero Two, I think her attitude is understandable given everything she must have gone through since her childhood. It's not hard to imagine what it must have been like for her.

Finally, I'm curious about what makes the main characters special enough to get custom Franxx. We'll know more once we get to see Squad 26 in action.