View Single Post
Old 2006-06-06, 17:06   Link #138
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiseiseki
If Kyon and Mikuru aren't able to hook up because of Haruri, then I really hate Haruri now. I was starting to like Haruri, too.
Actually, the main reason why they can't hook up is because Adult Mikuru didn't hook up with Kyon. It's inferred that she hadn't seen him for a long while, likely because she returned to her own space-time.

Since the Adult Mikuru that visited Kyon and offered a vital clue to him didn't hook up with Kyon, if Kyon hooked up with teenage Mikuru a time paradox will occur.

Quote:
About the whole adult Mikuru/Kyon and pics deal, you'll learn that its a time paradox, double time paradox even.
That business with the mole on her breast isn't that bad a paradox, since it's self-contained. But for Mikuru to date Kyon when the adult Mikuru didn't, would likely cause the universe to implode.

Thus, it's not that Haruhi prevented the relationship, but that time-travelling demands certain rules be followed. The teenage Mikuru has no idea that Adult Mikuru had visited, likely for the same reason.