View Single Post
Old 2008-06-13, 10:43   Link #1186
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
And yet mil-otaku crack tends to not resemble Nanoha if they're not carefull.
Not just milotakus, but any otaku would have to be very careful, the more reasonable people will try their best to stay true to Nanoha. Others get carried away to the point it's not Nanoha anymore but Dragon Ball/Sailor Moon/Stargate/Babylon 5/Warhammer/D&D/Touhou/Guilty Gear/Nasuverse*insert franchise here* with Nanoha bits stuck together with duct tape.

I cant remember how many character concept I have scratched because I felt that they would NOT fit.

Bottom line is, anyone can fall in this trap, not just milotaku.

PS: Right now, I am reading the pdf file of Dungeons & Dragons 4, as a player who like Big Stupid Fighters, it's the best Dungeons & Dragons ever. Otoh, wizards may feel shafted, but now they have spells they can cast at will, others they can cast once an encounter, or others they can have once a day. Wizards of the Coast/TSR is likely aiming to emulate what happens in fantasy movies/TV series and anime. hell, there are even a feature allowing the player characters to get on their feet for one last ditch effort when they are badly wounded (Second Wind).
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote