View Single Post
Old 2011-05-26, 23:08   Link #22964
Nintendo Maniac 64

*sees frames, drooooooools*

Though, I'm kind of disappointed at the JPEG artifacts. Do you not have the frames in a lossless format? (i.e. PNG, BMP, TIFF - also note that TinyPic renames PNGs to .JPG, but they're still PNGs)

If not, there are at least various fancy things that can be done to reduce said JPEG artifacts.

...speaking of which, don't you have the frames in any higher resolution? (it's easier to reduce JPEG artifacts on higher-res images) I mean you DID make this larger version: http://i54.tinypic.com/11rfwxf.gif

Note, you don't have to upload the frames individually to TinyPic - you can just put them all in a ZIP/RAR/7z and upload it to MediaFire or something.

EDIT: In the meantime, I extracted the frames from the larger version GIF and tried working with that...and DANG is it hard to get under 50KB (though I can get it down to 100KB easily by just removing the last frame). I'm not sure an avatar version will be possible guys (unless you're satisfied with a choppier framerate and a resolution smaller than 100x100).

Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64; 2011-05-27 at 00:48.
Nintendo Maniac 64 is offline   Reply With Quote