View Single Post
Old 2013-05-08, 07:36   Link #6525
alviam099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
All florza pointed out is that a campione is a godslayer, but a godslayer is not necessarily a campione, which is true.

I do believe Vol.14 will introduce a new campione, but as florza pointed out there is a chance it is a godslayer, but not a campione, since the title is The 8th Godslayer, not The 8th Campione (author's fault for being ambiguous).

It was mentioned that if Pandora doesn't like the fight, a human won't become a campione even if he killed a god.
Using Loki and Baldr as an example , if Loki tricked a human instead of Höðr to throw the mistletoe, the human would be known as a godslayer. But since Pandora would unlikely accept that kill, the human won't become a campione.
Regardless this Campione thingy, even if the author was what you'd call ambiguous, there's the context 8th in there, so it's obviously a Campione, even if it is a godslayer, I quite think myself that there are a lot of gods roaming about, seeking fights who knows where.

To Pandora liking a fight, she'd practically accept it, a human necessarily would be a Campione if he kills a god because the god has no choice but to transfer his authorities, remember Verethragna? Godou's fight with him isn't exactly what you'd call by likable, he just practically stole Melqart's kill.

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote