View Single Post
Old 2011-07-07, 20:17   Link #62
Unjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Essentially, that's one way of looking at it; but it also means you're trying to squeeze a circle into a triangle. You're banging away at it with a mallet- it's loud, it's messy, and you could potentially lose a finger.

Maybe that's what the author wants, maybe that's how real relationships are like- Love and Hate.
Yeah I know what you are getting at, I was just stating a slight joke. But yeah I have noticed, the relationship isn't smooth at all, which makes it hard for me to be a fan of them. Having to read their snail like pace while getting mad at them.

But oddly enough I find it a bit charming, it's whats keeps me going, it's a bit unlike most I've seen, but yes I admit. It's a bit annoying.

Quote:
Essentially, Anime Coupling is about chemistry- the best pairings, the one that you'll see drove of fan support, are the ones that work well together.... Or, at least look good together.

That being said; I don't particularly think the Kinji/Aria pairing is good material. But like I've said- maybe that's why the Author is going for? A pairing that doesn't happen smoothly and hence more realistic?
Yeah, like I said above just that is what makes it hard to be a fan of them, the worry that something will go wrong, because the author keeps leading you on, only to drop it two chapters later, what I hate most of all is when they reset the development they made, maybe you saw the rant post I made about a certain situation that happen in the end of the fifth novel.

Quote:
Nonono, you misunderstood me.

Blushing and being all worked up is normal bread-and-butter. What I meant is that she has all these girly traits like liking Soft Toys and being afraid of Thunder and can't swim, which is fine because all Tsunderes have one girly trait or another, but she's also suppose to be this experienced tough-as-nail, lone wolf gunslinger girl that doesn't take crap from no one and doesn't give two-hoot about what others think.

So far I'm getting the exact opposite impression. She's too emotionally vulnerable and obviously cares very very much what other say or think. How many trigger issues does she have? 'Mother', 'Trust', 'Friendship' etc...

Plus she likes to play the 'tears game' whenever she and Kinji gets into their mandatory volume falling out- That's a big NONO a Tsundere's tears are suppose to be the Nectar of the Gods, you don't just play card whenever you feel like it.

Essentially, she comes off as too girly and needy, which clashes horribly with her bratty nature.
I see where you are getting at, but seeing as she did work alone for most of her life and managed to capture these 99 criminals without even letting one go, basically I guess being alone for such a long time when it was in her

Spoiler:
it might have all been bottled up feelings. But I know what you are saying, I'm just thinking wishfully, she is different from the normal tsundere character, maybe it isn't right to call her a tsundere she seems more like a mash up.

Also her bratty nature reminds me of a certain other Tsundere, namely Kirino from "My little sister can't be this cute" I read through an episode forum for every episode, and holy hell did people hate her, they hated her to the very core. Which is funny too me, because her actions (While they were horrible and very selfish) didn't phase me. *shrug* maybe I'm just a masochist and the idea of a woman verbally and physically abusing me sounds good.

Quote:
I don't think about it either, I thought all this crap would be put to bed after volume 5, but I'm not holding my breath anymore. But it takes two hands to clap, and I hold Kinji to a higher standard- But this is Aria's thread.

But I'm sure you've noticed since it was in your rant, but it feels like we're walking forwards and back with this relationship. Essentially, whatever development or progress they supposedly have, I would advice not to invest too much faith into it.
Yeah, that was probably the part where I was most disappointed and got genuinely angry, like I said above, maybe you saw that large rant I made about that ending and the setting for the sixth and seventh novel, stating how much I hated that they
Spoiler:

I guess the author didn't want it to go that fast so he had to abruptly break it, with the classical anime cop out. Needless to say, I got pretty pissed and it really did lower the feel of the sixth and seventh novel, for me at least. Although, my inner fanboy did rejoice a bit in the second and third chapter of the seventh novel.

Also a question, I guess you aren't particularly fond of Aria, seeing your posts. I don't mean to call you out or go all angry fanboy on you, just a curious question

Also, have you read all the novels? With that I mean, do you understand Japanese well enough to have read the non-translated ones.