View Single Post
Old 2012-01-28, 10:37   Link #255
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Here's a crazy Fanfic Idea, that might VERY well have actually occurred in the PMMM universe.

Simply put, a politically active and conscious student is contracted by an Incubator just before she enters an Ivy League University.

And she's a Libertarian.

Has anyone realized that the PMMM setting is frighteningly similar to either an anarchy, or a Libertarian society?
What?

That makes no sense according to the setting as laid out in the anime.

1: All the evidence is that Incubators target emotional girls gong through puberty. 12 to 16. Not 18 year old Ivy League freshmen.

2: The PMMM setting never makes any political arguments. Nor is there anything to suggest that the setting is an anarchy, or libertarian, or democratic, or monarchical, or anything really. PMMM is completely silent on such matters.

3: There is nothing in Libertarianism to suggest that a Libertarian Magical Girl will be different in some consistent way from any non-Libertarian Magical Girl. Other than being Libertarian of course.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote