The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
真里亞 = Maria
眞音 = Manon

真 = Maria's "Ma"
眞 = Manon's "Ma"

As you can see, they are not the same. Although, they have the exact same meaning and readings as well.
*slap.*

Note to self, need to re-read Episodes 1 and 2. It's been too long.

My point about the "Maria Ushiromiya" signature is still valid though.

Quote:
Either way, in addition to this, I remember the 2 Beatrices from EP4. Back in the day, many people used to talk about this, but it seems it's been sort of forgotten by now. I was thinking, could there be any connection between the 2 Beatrices and Zepar and Furfur.
By the two Beatrices, do you mean the Meta and Board Beatrices who talked to each other? If so, I don't think there's any connection, what with the "opposite genders" thing. It's pretty obvious that Zepar and Furfur are Shannon and Kanon.

Quote:
Actually I have been thinking of this for a bit now. I'm probably seeing too much cause I desperately don't want Beato-3 to be really Beato-2's child. If Beato-2 never had sex (and thus shouldn't have children) but Kinzo is convinced that she did have a child (or desperately wants to believe so) the Yasu name is quite fitting.

But meh, that's probably insane trying to see too much, I just really hate the idea of Beato-2 having given birth. Unless of course her whole story with Rosa is a lie... but that's another thing.
You know, there actually are cases in real life and realistic fiction where women gave birth without ever realizing they were pregnant. It involved a lot of real-world ignorance and pain-killing drugs.

Somehow, I can sort of see Beatrice-2 being hopped up on painkillers and mindnumbers so she never realized she was knocked up at any point.

Quote:
It's unfair to Kinzo to accuse him of all that stuff, basically. Of all the characters in the overall fiction, he is the most heavily fictionalized (on account of only ever appearing in what amounts to biased sources) and the most inconsistently characterized. Being dead, he can't even appear as a piece to defend himself "as himself." We have no fewer than a half-dozen or so portrayals of Kinzo, and no genuinely reliable portrait of him. Worse, we're outright told he's a complex figure, so even if there's elements of truth to all the portrayals, none of them are necessarily perfect.

He is easy to scapegoat. But Beatrice's behavior should already have us leery of scapegoating people. Especially people who can't defend themselves.
I agree with this entirely, but I will add on that note that I don't think the incest thing is something he really needs to be "absolved" of. Call me sick or weird, but I never for a moment held the incest thing against him. I just felt sorry for the poor guy.