View Single Post
Old 2012-02-16, 09:14   Link #117
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
this is my theory:

Everything was already set up even before they became students of class 3-3 .. they knew this kind of phenomena would happen and that AUTOMATICALLY, an ANOTHER would be added to the roster so they planned to chose an ignoree for the entire year before their memories get all whacked up.. so they chose Mei.. that is why Mei is sure that "She is not dead" because they chose her even before the year started.

enter Koichi.. and the plan was all ruined. the number of students was off and the deaths started to happen. They couldn't tell Koichi to ignore Mei because that would mean acknowledging that Mei exists and their would be a break in the rules.
Mei was selected a month after the new term started, so I think the Another wasn't taken into account until Mei's cousin died, and they learned about the transfer student.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
In episode 5 we can see the full roster when Kouichi hands over his copy to Mei.
There's his name at the bottom.

So either he's the Another and his name has been put in there as part of the documents being altered.

Or he's not the Another and his transfer was known in advance (the roster is dated March 3rd) and they indeed forgot about him at the entrance ceremony.
Talk about a big mistake
Considering the fact that they said that the principal is fairly new at his job and probably didn't believe in the curse, he may have thought that it wouldn't matter when he would announce the transfer and waited to spread the news until the school term was already underway. Kouichi being the dead one is possible, but at this point, I consider it highly unlikely.