Thread: Licensed Yugioh Zexal
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-20, 20:47   Link #49
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Exceed Monsters are part of the Extra Deck.

The Exceed Material Monsters (Overlay Units in the anime/manga) are stacked underneath the Exceed Monster you Exceed Summon with them (hence the 2+ floating "stars" around the Exceed Monster in the anime/manga, depending on how many Materials are used).

Of course, some of their rulings are slightly different in that Exceed Material Monsters do not count as being "on the field", so they don't count towards things like Ceasefire or other things that look at the field, count things on the field, etc.

They can't be targeted by things like Raigeki Break, Mind Control, etc. (Again, not "on the field" to be targeted.)

Exceed summoning certainly seems to have its advantage.. I don't see the cards as being useless or weak. Actually not being counted on the field seems a bit overpowered. I would need to see the official rule on that. It would make sense that exceed monster themselves are counted on the field while the overlayed unit do not count themselves, which would make more sense to me.

I suppose you mean in the anime/manga version. Reminding me that I would love the idea of Hyper sychro to have the same effect as the anime.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote