View Single Post
Old 2011-02-08, 13:26   Link #73
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Posting this over here,it's from the general thread,an interview of sayaka's seiyuu translated by cat_monster

Quote:
(general tenor)
・Ms. Kitamura says that she feels pity for Sayaka. She implys that Sayaka will be in a pitiable condition. But, she also implys there will be also a slim hope (or mercy? / 光 = light) for Sayaka.
・She says the expectations about Sayaka will be reversed over and over again.
・Sayaka is a keyperson. Chiwa Saito (Homura's voice actress) said to her, "Eri, you are lucky to play the role of Sayaka. Give it your all! "

I tried but the above might be not a good translation due to my poor English proficiency.
Especially, I am not sure about the translation of the words "かわいそうな方向にしか行かないかなぁ…? いや、でも一寸の光は射してるんですよ?". There will be more suitable English expression than mine.
note on that last bit , sirn proposed this translation: ""she's going to move in a pitiful direction, but there's a ray of light at the end"

This interview makes me wonder if some havn't written Sayaka off too early,she might end up surviving the show,even if she'll suffer quite a lot.
What really intrigues me is that last bit,Sayaka a key character?Most people view Homura and QB as the key characters so for Homura's voice actress to say it might mean that Sayaka will be quite important to the plot