Thread: Visiting Japan
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-28, 06:31   Link #1090
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
But I want to see japan at night. i wonder if you can take night photo with that camera? you have any?
I prefer to play with the illumination the sun can create, but here are some photos during night.

Back to more interesting stuff, Oedo Onsen Monogatari was amazing, and today Kamakura perfect (I wish days were longer to visit more temples and shrines, as well as go hiking on the eastern side; not to mention warmer to swim):

Album from the two western hiking trails, which are quite easy (all things considered)... one hour each, without any hard climbs. The thumbnail is the view of mount Fuji from the mountaintop of Kenchou temple.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Kōtoku-in(高徳院) home of the second largest Buddha statue

Images

Zeniarai-Benten(銭洗い弁天) wash your money here, and after spending them expect to get it back in multiple amounts... or so they believe

Images

Jōchi-ji(金宝山浄智寺) cute little temple and cemetary devoted to the god of happiness (Hotei, which I misread as hotel, and almost skipped it)

Images

Tōkei-ji(東慶寺) monastery for the abused women in the middle ages, which Europe had none

Images

Engaku-ji(円覚寺) houses the souls of those who fought the Mongols in the 13th c. and has some national treasures, which are uninteresting, compared to the temple complex itsel, IMHO

Images

Kenchō-ji(建長寺) the most beautiful temple complex I have visited thus far, with its peak offering a wonderful view of the whole city, and Fuji-san

Images

Unfortunately, dusk was faster than our feet, so the eastern side of the city, seashore and Enoshima, will have to wait for some weeks

TODO: Ise, Nagoya, Inuyama, Gifu, Matsumoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
So, related to the comments made previously.. it's snowing here in Eastern Canada but thick walls and heat do a decent job. My friend living in Shizuoka is freezing her tiny little butt off cause of the thin walls and lack of heating at her apartment..

That said, it's not like she was caught unprepared, she's been there for three years but is just one of the things she dislikes..
That is very strange, in my apartment near Yoyogi, I use the air conditioner only when working overnight (and probably I only feel cold, because to tiredness and lack of movement... internal temperature drops, etc). Also in Koya-san, where it was snowing, as well as Matsumoto and Nagano, it wasn't as cold as in Munich or even London.

That said, if she is living in a traditional room with a lot of space and/or high ceiling (unlikely in cities, since they are crazy expensive) and is not aware how to stay warm, I see that happening
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote