View Single Post
Old 2013-02-25, 15:55   Link #143
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
This claim is patently false if you actually go through the list of shows each season, unless you apply hugely broad brushes and, for example, label everything as moe based on character design alone and eliminate all shows targeted at kids and families. Even then, it's still objectively false.

I'm not trying to say that it may not feel that way to you... but it isn't actually true.

It does feel that way to me sometimes. However, I'm the first to admit that my own tastes are weird.

But, I also understand that the studios are going to put out what's popular.

Quote:
This hasn't ever not been the case. Anime has never been particularly "original" or "grown up". The only difference is that, nowadays, you have access to the full fire hose of content that you have to sort through on your own, whereas things were much more curated in decades past due to the language barrier. Of course, the overall quantity of productions has also gone up now compared to 10+ years ago too, so that increases the triage as well.
That's true, I guess.

I just have to look at what's out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
What the hell is wrong with mecha? :/ If anything there needs to be more mecha, as honestly I don't really see that many.
There's nothing wrong with mecha.

It just seemed like for awhile there, every other show was mecha.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-02-25 at 19:13. Reason: merged double-post
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote