View Single Post
Old 2011-05-01, 23:45   Link #6
scr
my sides are in orbit

I'll be generous and give it a 9/10.

Character Design - Nice. It just need to go WIIIIIIDER.

Characters - Ranging from OK to Great. Madoka is the 'OK' one, Homura is the 'Great' one. I mean, there are times when Madoka takes actions that are completely unnatural. On the other hand, Homura is being herself all the time: a Byronic heroine who kick Eldritch arses even as soul-crushing desperation darken her soul (figuratively and literally).

Premise/Idea - H.P. Lovecraft would have been proud. And then he would have been frickin' told, big time.

Story/Execution - Great. The whole ENTROPEE thing is ham-handed, but ultimately whether it's entropy or something else *cough* Bokurano *cough*, the story is about the extent of what people will do when facing insurmountable, cosmic threat.

Music - Great. Everything that I like about Yuki Kajiura is there. Everything that I don't like about her isn't there.

Animation - Great. Studio SHAFT really knows how to bridge "the crowd's demands" (Moe) and "doing it for the art". May they be successful enough in the future to bring us another awesome animation. Meguca*that wont be necessary*
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote