View Single Post
Old 2012-09-06, 09:37   Link #607
Karakuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I just made that sweeping generalization because I too have grown tired of the trench-wars, although on the other side of the debate. I've grown tired of the negativity that the show has received. (Sadly it seems I like torturing myself reading reviews from various sites) I understand that it has faults and accept the constructive criticism that you guys argue. But in the end I am looking for more than just "Oh this is wrong, that's just overused, cliche, garbage, etc." and instead am waiting for stuff that you would rather have seen.

For example my friend mentioned to me how the writing for the Gleam Eyes battle could have been better if Asuna and Klein helped much more, or the anime did what was portrayed in the opening, with both Asuna and Kirito helping each other beat Gleam Eyes. Now that's the kind of discussion I am looking for.

Because I too lament that the potential isn't used to it's fullest (Which I hope gets addressed in Progressive) but in the end it is an adaptation. (To which I should say the studio is doing quite well)
In the Light Novel, this scene was just like this ( IIRC ), why would they change one of the most important scenes ?
The author normally says if it can or can not be changed from the book into the anime, so obviously he would let it stay the same way...
I think it was exactly the same scene in both Anime and LN...I can be wrong though.
The openings are just so people can enjoy, but they don't need to have the scenes from the Anime episodes, probably that's why they created that fight in the opening, so people could enjoy a bit of a different fight. Or maybe it is a Boss in another floor, we don't know if they may put it with the same appearence, but stronger...
But you are right about the constructive comments and all that. Now that I read some of my comments I... *facepalm*. Lol.
Karakuri is offline   Reply With Quote