View Single Post
Old 2012-10-15, 15:08   Link #44
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringil View Post
I feel Komari is pretty much as naive and sunny as in the VN. I can see how it might be seen that she's more awkward in the anime, that whole scene of Komari's method of responding to Kyousuke's test seemed to be more like something Haruka woulda do (though Haruka probably wouldn't answer guts, bravery and friendship haha).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I don't think you'll get many non-VN readers in this thread xD.

But yes, I've noticed very early in the episode that Komari has a much much more bubbly feel to her. In the VN she's the kind of girl that goes at her own...slow, slow pace but keeps everything cheerful, beautiful and pretty but the way she's portrayed in the anime...it wouldn't surprise me if non-VN readers pointed her out as the weirdo of the group...then again this group is full of weirdos...

as for those that have played the VN...well we have the privilege of knowing her background and what happened in her route so our opinion of her differs greatly from any the non-VN readers can have.

Her response to Kyousuke is pretty much the same as the one in the VN if I remember correctly.
I think you guys are both right, she seems like a spaz in the anime to me, sort of what Haruka's role would fulfill usually. I think I'll just blame it on the shows pacing, they're going through Komari's scenes very quickly. Every scene with her is dialogue and action, not much lounging around. I got the feeling she took things at a very slow pace in the VN too, also clumsy and naive, but refreshingly optimistic and friendly as well. In the anime she is always energetic and talkative in all her scenes so that the rest of her traits seem to be an afterthought. I always thought of her role in the group as the glue who keeps everyone together by getting along with everyone and making sure they're all happy too, the cheery girl. But the anime is making her appear like she is the spaz character. Maybe once Haruka and Kud come into play to show some more contrast that'll change.