View Single Post
Old 2009-01-16, 07:22   Link #104
seiyuu maniac
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
-Yeah, Ami got too little screentime. I wouldn't of been irritated with this, but it feels like that the left her in such a negative mood in the little time they showed us.
Well yes, because everyone is making a big fuss about Kitamura being abnormal and would pay so much attention to him just because he's being emo. While on the other hand, as Ami said, "It's nice to have people pay attention to you just by yelling", because Ami herself wants people to help her too but hardly anyone would notice except Ryuji whom just barely noticed (refer to previous episode), and you wonder why she is in a bad mood?

-It feels like since Sumire is the cause of Yuusaku's attitude, they should of reflected more on her.
It's not even the end of the arc yet, be patient.

And on a smaller note, Ami's friends kept refering Kitamura to as "Maruo." (Atleast from the subs I watched) I was thinking that they call him Mauro since that sounds like Marimo. Marimo = Green Algae. Yet when they try to dye his hair back, you notice that they plan to use black dye. Was there any reason for the name change or what?
Maruo is a reference to the anime character in Chibi Maruko-chan Maruo Suneo, who is basically Mr. Perfect-class president-goodie-two-shoes just like Kitamura is and hence the people call him that, it's got nothing to do with Marimo.
My twitter - not really seiyuu-centred so follow at your own risk
Celebrities I've talked to in person
Mizuki Nana, Chiba Saeko, Shimizu Ai, Shimokawa Mikuni, Chihara Minori, Tamura Yukari, Nakahara Mai, Sakai Kanako