View Single Post
Old 2008-06-20, 10:08   Link #694
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
You see, I think I am just looking at this a different way. He knows what he wants, but that doesn't mean that it still isn't hard for him. His emotions just constantly get in the way to make him indecisive. That is the big difference between him and Lelouch that I see. Lelouch can be heartless and uncaring. Suzaku isn't, and it DOES get in the way and DOES make him indecisive. But again, I don't see that as a bad thing and I think it makes his character more interesting (let alone more human.)

I said before, there is nothing wrong with having conflicting emotions, but you have to move ahead inspite of them. Especially when you are attempting something like what Suzaku claims he is. The point is, did Suzaku grow and learn from the hard choices he has had to make? I have to answer no because he hesitates over what is essentially the same reasons.

The difference between Lelouch and Suzaku is not that Lelouch is uncaring. Lelouch carries the burdens of the things he has had to do and moves on without being crushed by the weight of them, while Suzaku lets his guilt block his path. That is what I find annoying with Suzaku's character, he profess to be doing what he is doing to help the Japanese, to change things from the inside while condeming others for taking the "wrong" path, yet he does not have the conviction and will to see those decisions through.

So are we finally done? This debate really dragged on

Last edited by demon_god04; 2008-06-20 at 10:26. Reason: wrong word, its morning -.-
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote