Thread: Licensed Date A Live [Light Novel]
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-01, 03:43   Link #1711
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
IMO DaL belongs under the romantic comedy genre, and you are trying to put DaL into some a more serious-shounen like genre, and judging the series to be good or bad based on that perspective. ... don't think too deeply about this, this is a romantic comedy after all.
No, I'm judging the series from the perspective of a hybrid between actual drama/action and harem, which is what this series is. It's most certainly not a pure romantic comedy genre, which for some reason you people think this is, and it's pretty obvious why it is not so. I wouldn't care about any possible character development (and vice versa) in a comedy genre, because there wouldn't be one.

That being said, why shouldn't it go more in depth? Why should the characters in this series stay shallow and dry like every other character in a typical harem series? Frankly, to me at least, all that means is that the characters will be very forgettable, and the series completely unmemorable. Typical happy ending harem where "everyone wins" IS a poor writing, as it's only designed to pander to fans of every character, and that's why some authors these days are actually afraid to kill off certain characters due to their fanbase's possible reaction. I think this series could be good because the premise has potential to be good, and I was merely discussing with Hemisphere about what could improve this series while pointing out its obvious flaws as a literature.

Honestly, I'm more baffled as much as Hemisphere is at Mr. Sapper's sudden outrage at a civil discussion about a series' plot and character development. It's almost as if the only thing allowed in this thread in his eyes is commenting about how kawaii the girls are, which is a rather tragic thing. Then again, I suppose this outcome was expected.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote