Thread: Licensed Negima Manga Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2004-05-26, 08:58   Link #144
Sydney2K

Send a message via ICQ to Sydney2K Send a message via AIM to Sydney2K Send a message via MSN to Sydney2K Send a message via Yahoo to Sydney2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
Wow since when this thread become a love hina thread ehehh
Weell, I just had to clear some things up. I'd much rather talk about MSN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
Anyway let's look at Nodoka:
I'm not a big D&D fan, but it's an interesting discussion. Part of the problem I see in defining measures in this sort of thing is that it's hard to measure qualities in hard figures when there are different facets to those qualities. For example I think you had Asuna's intelligence as just above average (a 10). Actually she gets pretty poor marks at school. On the other hand I think she has streetwise smarts, so that's two kinds of intelligence.

Having said that here's my view of Chisame:

STR 10 (Not the sporty type, so fairly average).
INT 14 (She actually is on the wrong half of the school average, but I up it because of her computer skills. I figure that she doesn't apply herself at her studies.)
CON 9 (Ditto STR, if not weaker, because she doesn't exercise. On the other hand though she does have a good figure, so she actually may exercise.)
DEX 9 (Ditto STR, although she may have very good keyboard and mousing skills- 150 wpm?)
WIS 7 (Poor wisdom; thinks poorly of her fellow students, who in turn largely ignore her)
CHA 16 (Web idol ups her mark up, and she really is quite pretty in real life too, tempered by her poor WIS mark.)

Kissing Negi would be like a death sentence for her, so don't look to see her willingly go into a compact with Negi anytime soon. But if she did her general physical stats would go up, but what would really improve out of sight would be her intuitive computer skills. She would be able to jack into cyberspace, creating a new frontier for a mage to explore. She would be just like Asuna in cyberspace, an immensely skilful cyberwarrior, defending Negi-byte.

She would also be able to create outfits at will, so the perfect cosplayer.

Basically a compact with Chisame would be fairly limited to computers, but still useful nonetheless. Like I said though, getting her to compact would be a struggle- but, wouldn't that be an interesting story? Getting Chisame to turn from disliking Negi to being a real fan of his? And a magic story involving computers would be fun too.

Widya Santoso
Sydney2K is offline   Reply With Quote