Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-17, 07:41   Link #1341
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanimanga View Post
Really? I think he was pretty intimidated as he you know, ran away (which is a smart thing to do) as oppose to going back and taking Hisoka on (which is a brave but stupid thing to do). If he hadn't gone back for Leorio, there is a strong possibility that he will have the same fate as the other guy (Cherry?) who ran away too.

As for him blocking Hisoka's attack, it's kind of meh. It's just a straight-on simple attack like his (Hisoka's) attack on Satotz OR Gidou's straight on attack to Gon last episode. As I've already seen how cool Satotz caught the cards barehanded, Kurapika blocking the cards pales in comparison (w/c made me forget that he did that). Also, since Kurapika has superhuman qualities too like Gon (acute hearing, fast reflex) and he already seen Hisoka's attack early on, he should not have trouble blocking a "simple" attack like that. But I guess since this occurred real early in the manga, it's kind of cool to many.

Personally, Kurapika's attitude in the Hunter exam prior to the 4th segment comes across as an arrogant, know-it-all, indecisive (lack conviction) bugger with a tragic past; but hey, at least he's not emo. No offense to the Kurapika fans.

That being said, he was the one who changed the most during the Hunter exam. IMO
I started to like Kurapika after next arc. He become much stronger and more interesting despite being emo. He has the qualities that Sasuke never did and never will have.