View Single Post
Old 2009-04-06, 18:14   Link #125
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Are you asking this because you haven't seen the opening yet? If you haven't, a quick visit to youtube will show you everything you are looking for.
I saw the whole opening on youtube and paid more attention to it then, getting a better look at the images.

I'm feeling kind of mixed about this new opening. The visuals are really cool, but are jammed with spoilers, if you you hadn't read the manga. I leads all the way up to Impel Down, though doesn't say who else is with him at the time.
The song feels a bit too 90's for my taste. I kind of liked that for the previous opening they used the same lyrics from the first first One piece opening, but with a better singing and production. Though, due to the cool visuals I actually started to tune the song out completely.

Some of my favorite images is before the character intros where Luffy goes into Second Gear, comes bursting from the cloud of smoke, and then charging forward to strike. The next image I really liked is that one with everyone lounging around. Robin's reading in the shade, Zoro and Luffy are sleeping, and Nami puts on a fake beard on the sleeping Luffy, that was a cute image.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I loved the new opening it was wonderful and we get too see all the new characters as well as Hancock. But why is it that this opening gives of this sad feeling that Luffy might not be able too save him and Ace will die?
I think you are reading a bit too much into that. It just shows him in trouble and that the card tied to Ace's life force is slowly burning. That just goes along with the events.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
anyone else catch the little bit with Zoro and the hunters?

seems they were hinting at Zoro and his Haki, pretty interesting.
I don't know if it's that or that Zoro is just one scary mofo when you piss him off. Weaklings like those he doesn't even need to be bothered to remove his swords.
They also didn't do that effect the anime seems to do during a haki attack. Where the screen goes kind of wavy. Peple tend to pass out from a haki attack. These guys just fell on their asses.
Still, it wouldn't surprise me all that much if Zoro would be able to use it. Odds are that Mihawk can use it as well.