View Single Post
Old 2012-06-18, 05:33   Link #29
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Supposedly, Hongou was following the Knox rules for writing mystery fiction. This means that the culprit has to be someone mentioned in the first part of the story. So, a seventh person should be ruled out.

...Or is it? Because there is also a cameraman there, and there's a guy doing the voiceover who is probably the same person. We don't get to see him, but it's possible that he's actually meant to "be" there in the video. The camera is shaky; we hear his footsteps as he goes to focus on the table. The murder takes place during the time the camera isn't rolling. He would see which rooms everyone went to and could have taken the master key. Would he have been able to commit the murder unnoticed?

But I don't know if that would be enough to qualify for the "The blind spot of 10,000 people" .

I do like the theory that perhaps the alterations made by the cast and crew made it impossible for the crime to have gone as Hongou planned.

Still, none of those options explains fully why in the chat room at the start of the episode, one person (Irisu?) said "No need to apologise. You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time". Then there's also the bit later with "But no matter what I do, it won't play out the way you intended." Very suspicious.

Was somebody in the wrong place on the set during the filming, or was there something that changed between Hongou's trip to scope the location out and the actual filming?