Thread: Licensed Jinki: Extend
View Single Post
Old 2006-01-01, 17:56   Link #17
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel
Does someone knows where i can get the Japanese manga ? I have the version that ADV had released but they cut it of at the end of vol.3, in the middle of the action (who dumb can you be to stop a series at vol.3 :S)

But to be ontopic, its nice to see the whole rewind Parts. I'm glad they cut it into 2 seperate parts. I think both are great.
For the Japanese Manga, go to Kinokuniya Book Store and click on the link to the area where you are. (I don't think it matters too much what area you click on, but it would probably be more effiecient to order from the closest branch) After that, at the top there will be a search field. Leave the bar to the left set on "Japanese Books" and put this into the search field: ジンキ (translation = Jinki; to search for the original Jinki manga and Jinki: Extend), or ジンキ エクステンド (translation = Jinki Extend; to search for Jinki: Extend only). Since the search field compares the exact characters you type in to look for book title,s typing the title in English to find a Japanese book will never work unless the Japanese title is labeled in English, which it rarely is. Thus to search for other books/manga, you will need a Japanese text typing program.

Anyway, use the Japanese characters to find the manga you're looking for. There will be a number to the right of the title and publisher which is the volume number. If the book is in stock anywhere in the group of store branches in that area that you clicked way back on the first page, then there will be a book icon to the right of the title. Click on the title, and if the book is in stock, there will be a list of the branch(es) the book is in stock at on the right side of the page. From here, do the ordering process as you would do a normal internet order. (click on the shopping cart icon, click confirm carty or whatever, type in shipping and payment info, etc. the shipping info and everything on the order details pages does not have to be in Japanese)

If the book is not in stock, don't worry. (too much) you can order the book/manga via special order. Find the phone number of the closest branch and tell them the title(s) and volume number(s) of the books you would like to order. You can choose to either pick them up yourself when they arrive at the store, or the store can ship the books to you.

If you can't find the phone number of the closest branch, go back to the page with the search field at the top, and go to the bottom. The links at the bgottom are e-mail addresses. Use these to ask them what their phone number is. (I don't knw if you can use e-mail to do special order, but I was told by the staff at my nearest branch to use the phone, so I say "do what they say" )

That should do it.