View Single Post
Old 2010-06-10, 10:18   Link #10914
Laserworm
Maelstorm-Fenrir

Send a message via AIM to Laserworm Send a message via MSN to Laserworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
Inability to face reality. Regardless of how mature Maria is in terms of knowledge, she is still a nine-year old. Most nine-year-olds can't really handle seeing people close to them have their heads torn open and stomaches strewn all over the place. Even when she's in the same room as the murders, she's asked to turn away, and doesn't even see the murders happen. In a rejection of reality, she probably thinks it's all an act, a staged murder mystery, which she would have a reason to believe if Shannontrice, who would probably be aware of Kinzo's will, told her about it.
In fact, she never sees an actual murder in progress, except during fantasy scenes, where her reactions may be edited to further horrify and distract Battler.
I agree completely with you. Maria just thinks this is either all a game, or in the end everyone will be revived. Maria doesn't think that something terrible happened to them.

In ep6 after Kanon kills Rosa Maria goes nuts and tries to kill him as well. Sure this is a fantasy scene. But I think this shows us how Maria would feel if she didn't think this was a game/everyone will be revived.

And Maria is smart but in ep6 we learned that she gets easily fooled by Beatrice every year. It is just a simple trick, but it makes her believe in magic. Maria is smart yes, she is probably capable of skipping a few grades on some subjects, but I don't think she is capable of creating the tales in the note bottles. And writing it for someone else seems odd, since it would probably take a long time to write just one. I just don't think she would have the time to put in that much into it, with just the days she is on Rokkenjima.
Laserworm is offline   Reply With Quote