View Single Post
Old 2012-12-21, 03:48   Link #21
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Kayaba did not have any intentions to kill anyone and to a lot of people that makes a huge difference, it means he is still redeemable. Everyone deserves their chance to atone themselves unless they're a hopeless case, and Kayaba wasn't a hopeless case.

As for the "not caring" thing, do you have the time to take out of your day and think about everyone in the world who has died that you've never even met before? Cause I know I sure as hell don't. Why should Kayaba care about people he doesn't even know?
Yes i don't think about all the poeple dying everyday, but i'm not the one at fault for them dying. The EXTREME difference in this situation is the fact that kayaba HIMSELF is the one who put those people in this deadly situation; he tore them from their happy normal lives and forced them into a death game. If I am going to knowingly put people in danger then i damn well SHOULD think about their lives and care, cause if i don't then i would be a monster; i got people killed and i don't care.

And furthermore, he killed two people with his own hands (granted the first accidentally)... if I were to kill someone accidentally I would atleast respond with some level of shock for the horrible thing that i just did; which would quickly be followed by intense guilt and remorse. To feel no emotion when you accidentally kill someone or out right commit murder is a terrible trait

And Kayaba DID have the intention to kill people... he crafted this scenirio KNOWING full well that people would die. He himself pushed them to fight the bosses knowing that many of them would not make it. He entered into that final duel with Kirito knowing that should he win he would kill kirito; he fought kirito with the fullintention to kill him, he jsut accepted the possibility that he himself might loose... And if the players got to the top, he fully intended to kill every last player that came against him until one (if any) managed to kill him.

Quote:
SAO was a fucking video game in the first place. Why wouldn't there be bosses and challenges to face? Over-analysing much?
Because it's not just a game. Kayaba built this world for a reason and People are trying to explain away his actions like trying to rationalize why he made the world the way he did, but if he was JUST crafting a world then the game aspects of it would not be necessary. Heck you say that Kayaba did not have any intention of killing anyone and yet this entire scenerio was crafted to push the players to risk their lives with he himself doing a lot of the pushing; he was literally leading players to their deaths. He knew they would be killed but he did it anyway... if all he wanted to do was create a realistic world, then this series of bosses would be irrelevant.

He didn't want to make a world; he wanted to play a game that involved people's lives

Quote:
No. The realism of the situation is that crime and mistreatment of others is never going to go away no matter what people do. Primal human nature is savage and selfish, law is just something created by the weaker people to give them power over the strong and it's just been generally accepted by everyone now.
So? this doesn't stop us from trying to end it and we condemn all those humans that contribute to the crime pain and chaos in the world... we do not just shrug off the actions of mass murderers just because the world is full of pain.