View Single Post
Old 2004-03-15, 16:26   Link #3
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fürth (GER)
Age: 38
Without a switch or hub between the two PCs you'll need a so called cross over LAN cable. There is one RJ45 twisted so that the outgoing traffic of the one PC is directed to the ingoing part of the other PC and vice versa. With normal LAN cables you will connect ingoing with ingoing and outgoing with outgoing... so the data will a) collide and b) never reach its destination.
Folding@Home, Team Animesuki
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote