Thread: Gundam Seed
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-18, 13:14   Link #31
Quiddity
Emma Fan

Quote:
the dub acting seemed incredibly cliched (do they use the SAME cast for EVERY freakin Gundam dub or am i imagining things?)
Actually the vast majority of the cast has never appeared in a Gundam dub (only the actors for Ramius, Mu, Tolle, Ades, and Sai) Infact many of the VAs (Cagali's, Natarle's, Creuset's, the Narrator's, Yzak's, Nicol's, etc...) seem to be new to Ocean in the first place.

Quote:
i just wanna point out that the ADV VAs can't pronounce japanese words to save their lives, and Bandai and ADV share a lot of the same voice actors (you can hear Kira's VA in a few ADV series for instance)
You really show off your ignorance regarding dubs here. ADV dubs are done in Texas. The Bandai dubs are done in either Vancouver(Ocean) or Los Angeles(Animaze). None of the ADV actors have ever appeared in a Bandai dub. Matt Hill, Kira's VA has NEVER appeared in an ADV dub.

I thought the dub was great. Cartoon Network handled the show horrifically, particularly all the commercial breaks and putting the preview before the ending, but the voices were great. Can't say I'm surprised with the reaction here though, you are the same people who were calling Bandai the devil for licensing their own property for US release in the first place. You have your beloved bootlegs, if you hate the dub that much just go back to them.
Quiddity is offline   Reply With Quote