View Single Post
Old 2007-05-13, 20:41   Link #65
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
Actually, the conversation in the bath scene are pretty deep:

1. The girls talk about how sticky their hairs get due to the salt in the ocean in which Miyuki begins to explain that the salt in the air and the UV rays can cause damage to the hair
2. Konata does an impersonation of Timotei* but the girls don't get it because they are too young
3. Yui and Nanako tries to start a conversation but it doesn't go well
4. Konata showing the Timotei impersonation once again to Yui who understands the joke, and Nanako quirping how old Konata is
5. Tsukasa and Kagami talking about getting rid of excessive...hair (implied: pubic hair)
6. Tsukasa and Kagami talking about their...cycles (implied: menstrual cycle)
7. Tsukasa and Kagami talking about...protection (implied: tampon)
8. Konata jumping in on the conversation in which Kagami assumes that perhaps Konata hasn't even started menarche yet...

*A Japanese commercial from the 80s where a hot blond chick washes her long hair in that fashion; unfortunately the youtube link provided previously isn't that commercial
I got the sticky hair bit and I knew Kona had to be referencing something with her hair (I thought that part was cute for Kona). And now I see why I didn't understand a word Kagamiya and Tsukasa were saying to each other. My Japanese book doesn't teach stuff like this (although it does teach readers what to say in cases of ecchi old men appearing )

I'm interested in seeing that commercial, too.