Thread: Licensed K (Anime project)
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-23, 18:22   Link #1675
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Let's see.

This whole kings business was never really explained for instance. The most we got was a flashback that didn't really do anything other than present two hitherto irrelevant characters and some sort of a back story that didn't actually do anything in terms of providing useful information. There was this German scientist who did some experiment, his sister who he was in love with died and this Japanese soldier who was visiting witnessed the bombing of Dresden. Apparently the German guy essentially gave his life up while the Japanese soldier somehow ended up being the highest authority in Japan.

Meanwhile we have a random aggressive punk become a king in the duration of another flashback where some kid chases him around trying to be his squire. He somehow cares for his men because lo and behold he suddenly has a loli by his side.

Oh and there's this enforcer type of guy who is apparently long time friends/rivals/whatever with the red guy and he's apparently a king too or whatever.

And there's this guy who can steal people's bodies etc. and he's the antagonist or sort of or whatever.

Bla bla. If it works for you, good for you. As far as I am concerned, this is bullshit and a random hodgepodge of ideas thrown into a melting pot.
Nah, you explained your point of view pretty well. I don't necessarily agree but I toootally see where you're coming from.

My definition of "asspull" though is that things happen for absolutely no apparent reason without any foreshadowing. And while explanations are far and between, for me, there is enough "glue" that keeps stuff together.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote