View Single Post
Old 2006-01-31, 02:56   Link #438
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka
1. It relies too much on stereotyping supporting characters, making them uninteresting and, at worst, VERY annoying. Whenever Asuta shows up in the manga, I flip to the next page because I don't want to see yet another "LOLOLOLOLOL My best friend has boobs and I totally wanna mack on her now, so let me go into a horribly generic shounen fantasy sequence!111!"
Just add "to me" at certain ends of the sentences, and it would be perfect examples of "opinion".

Quote:
2. The jokes aren't funny the first time, yet the author keeps on repeating them over and over. As I said in the first point, I actually begin to skip pages when certain characters show up because they're so incredibly irritating and I know they will have absolutely NO impact on the plot.
Excuse me, but since when were ALL the parts of an anime or any show required to have impact on the plot?

Quote:
3. It is not particularly original, and other series have done it much better and funnier, so why even bother? Why not stick to what makes the show interesting instead of feeling like it has to be a comedy?
I think the better word is "not creative". Mainly because everything we see can be considered unoriginal. Ie. It has been done before, be it 1 year ago, or 100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musuka
4. It doesn't really even fit with the core of the series. Does this series want to be a gentle love triangle between three girls and an amusing exploration of gender issues, or a ka-razy gender-bender comedy filled with ka-razy characters and ka-razy situations? I'll take the former, please.
What exactly is the core of the series? And MUST everything fit in with it?

Quote:
Well, of course not. But it would certain help to make the side character fleshened out if they got their own parts in the drama. Having a bunch of one-note characters does nothing for the series and only makes it tiresome after they've all done their little shtick once or twice per episode.
Besides the fact that this is not a drama anime, thats what side characters do: Be side characters. Or in other words, they are used as plot-devices at some point to progress a certain event/development of the main characters.

Plus, the main "drama" aspect of Kashimashi is between Hazumu, Tomari and Yasuna.
Quote:
Are you sure you've been reading my posts? Where exactly did I say I had a problem with humor? In fact, I distinctly gave examples of parts I found amusing in the series, and said I wish the series would stick to that sort of humor. This series benefits from a sort of low key, observational humor, not zany slapstick or whacky characters.
Sorry, need I say that perceptions arent the most accurate form of a medium?

I got confused by this part:
Quote:
Well, I know they're not going anywhere, but frankly, this series' humor is so bad, I'd prefer it to just try and play it straight.
By "play it straight", I had thought you meant that they should remove comedic parts altogether. My bad.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote