Thread: Licensed Witchblade (2006)
View Single Post
Old 2006-04-21, 11:59   Link #59
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

There's excitement for this week's episode. Action is delivered by courtesy of WMasane, who BTW kicks a**. The first four minutes display how she enjoys turning those horny droids to shreds, and the pleasure she earns from the mayhem ensued. Plus one more minute of her dispatching another of the freaks by near the end of the episode.
We get to listen to the full music of the WitchBlade theme (not the OP); the psycho-esque song.

Synopsis.
Spoiler:

I'm surprised to the attention paid to the details on all of WMasane's facial gestures when deep breathing, experiencing extasis, the small chuckles she pulls out, everytime she grins when a blow is dealt on her but ends up undamaged, etc.

I must apologize for my first impressions on her with all the moaning and the presumed sexual mood that I perceived from WMasane in the first episodes.

We get lots of details and scrutiny about her in episode three to analyze, and I came to the conclusion that WMasane is most behaving as a wild predator. Her deep breathing and instinctive reactions point that she's driven by bloodlust for at least mayhem.
She just wants to have fun and is in for the hunt. I could tell that she's like a rabid wolf driven insane by the slightest scent of blood. This is further evidenced at a certain scene of the episode when WMasane frantically dashes toward the tank droid, as she sticks out her tongue and her eyes flashing bloodlust.

Similar to a rabid beast pouncing on its prey.

And I just love it and find creepy cool a particular manner of WMasane sticking out her tongue and licking all over her lips. A sign that she's savoring the hunt and the rewards she reaps from slicing her victims (the droids).

Nonetheless, one of her highlights were her monologues which thanks to fansubs I was able to understand, since I'm listening to the anime in raw Japanese.

My comprehension skills are very restricted, but this was what I could roughly translate from what I understood.

Quote:

I do not understand at all.

I .....
this thing .....
for no reason .....
WANT TO BEAT TO SHREDS
Quote:

I feel it.
Power.
This sensation...
cannot be stopped.
OK. Making Masane aside, simply put episode three owns. There is lot going with Reiji explaining what's the deal about NSWF and where those droids come from, however, I obviously realize that he's keeping the entire truth from Masane. There's more to the droids, and Takeyama has his own agenda for the WitchBlade.
But for now, he's acting fair to Masane not reveal his true colors and even recruiting her to his side by providing means to find Riko, though I get the hunch that Masane conceded unwillingly and would sooner figure a way out of NSWF for both Riko's safety and hers.

The only negative stuff I'm criticizing this episode for are, first, the droids continue to be the same, lame design. C'mon, GONZO! You can do better than that. Some fu**ing, mind blowing creatures. Second, I particularly disliked those long, frame shots of WMasane when playing with the tank droid at the facility.
Some frames looked like they were recycled and made WMasane's movements as if she was jogging.

God, give me a break!

Also, what's with that red orb thing on WMasane's tongue?
If Masane ever has recollection of being WitchBlade?
And what's with that gray goo stuff coming out from the droids?
(Somebody please tell me that's just the droid's blood and nothing else)
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote