View Single Post
Old 2011-03-30, 15:32   Link #2798
Omnicat

Hello AS. After much prodding and poking, wingzerosnuggles has finally convinced me to create an account. You are a corrupting influence, hun. :P Anyway, chiming in to say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurage View Post
- Konzern (Concern in English) is actually a german kind of business company, by the way. Not sure how it differs from others but I see the word "German language" mentioned.. I wonder if this makes Noin German or at least has German blood. I know Noin comes from neun but I think she's listed as Mediterranean. I don't know about Mediterranean races in Germany and I always thought that in Europe, Mediterranean races are dominant in Italy, Spain and Greece. Her given name being Italian somehow made me think that she is possibly Italian. This is not important at all. Maybe the family just decided they liked German words XD
Mediterranean means any country that borders on the Mediterranean Sea, so Spain, Italy, Greece, Monaco, Malta, AND the Middle-Eastern and North African countries along the eastern and southern shores. There is a German-speaking minority in the very northern part of Italy, which borders on the predominantly German-speaking Swiss and Austria. So Noin's family using German words while being listed as having Mediterranean origins isn't impossible. I personally have my doubts about this situation persisting into the AC era, but, *shrug*

Also, "wayward daughter"? Duo isn't the only one reminded of early Relena. She told Sally, "I'm his [VFM Darlian's] disobedient daughter" when she went looking for Heero in the hospital in one of the first episodes.
Omnicat is offline   Reply With Quote