View Single Post
Old 2006-01-01, 03:03   Link #256
tjhan86

4 new ones just arrived for me.

All 1/8 PVC figurines.

My favourite one out of the 4 would be Tsumura Tokiko from Busou Renkin. Not a very popular series albeit by Nobuhiro Watsuki aka Kenshin's author, Tokiko however is an uber cool character and here is why.

The 4 blades on her thigh are called the "Valkyrie Skirt" or something and completely poseable and removable.
Spoiler:

I think the voice doll series arent very good. They are relatively cheaply priced plus some of the money goes to the base and electronics, so the detail and quality isn't up to the standard of normal 1/8 PVC figurines. Anyway they arent 1/8 in the first place. All the dolls also stand straight without any good poses. The base is the redeeming feature, with the name of the character, and other details, not to mention the sound. Which leads me to the question, "Why would we want our figurines to talk?"

To prevent battery leakage, we shouldnt keep batteries inside the stand permanantly, only when you want it to talk.

I have to admit if I have all the voicedolls of a series loaded up with batteries and placed in a row, it'll be rather cool. But its not really practical. I'll rather get the new Megahouse Talho, Eureka and Anemone set, which looks good.

Sadly, there are no Gunslinger Girl PVC figurines yet, only resin kits. What I'm hoping for are:

Enma Ai
the rest of the School Rumble Cast
Kyouyama Anna
Soi Fong
Sephilia
Anyone from Gantz
ALL the Rozen Maidens

For Rozen, only Suiseiseki is slated for release in the near future it seems.

Last edited by tjhan86; 2006-01-01 at 03:19.
tjhan86 is offline   Reply With Quote