Thread: Licensed K (Anime project)
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-28, 13:39   Link #927
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I think what's hurting the show for me right now is that it just feels like it's lacking direction at what is the 1/3 mark of the entire series, which is never a good sign. I just see little reason to stick with this right now as very little is coming together or clicking for me at the pace I would expect it to for such a short series. I'm not getting much of anything from the antics of the main trio who haven't really progressed as characters much (I need to actually know about a cast and what makes them tick to be able to laugh at their actions) since the start of the show and honestly it has nothing to do with the Yaoi or BL vibe or whatever people are getting (though lately they are admittedly starting to lay it on a little thick as if they expect to satisfy the audience while they scramble to come up with a coherent plotline), they're just bland characters in a story and setting that could easily be very interesting (I don't know how they're doing the whole factional warfare thing and failing so completely to make ample use of it to develop the cast and it's conflicts) but needs to actually start going somewhere.

As it stands I'm going to be putting this series on hold to see if it ends up going anywhere interesting in the next month or so, but somehow I'm not holding my breath. I think I know a meandering aimless series when I see one and so far K seems to fit all the usual trends. If this were 26 episodes I honestly wouldn't have any problem with where things are in K right now though.

By the way I think at this point I officially do not care for the main character Shiro at all. There's just something rather bland and off-putting about him...maybe it's that his voice actor Daisuke Namikawa who I've often found is extremely hit or miss is playing him a little too overly effeminate to the point where it's almost a little uncomfortable and feels unnatural (there's just something about the performance that unnerves me in a way that effeminate voice acting usually doesn't...maybe it's the lack of flamboyance and the fact that it's pretty much played straight up) maybe it's just his lack of really doing much of anything interesting since the 2nd episode where he managed to fake out Kuro a little, but yeah just not really compelling at all as a main character so far and with a kind of annoying companion in Neko and another character that's just okay in Kuro that's kind of a game breaker for me at the moment.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote