View Single Post
Old 2010-07-27, 09:45   Link #138
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
It was very nice to see Akane get her own anime series, and Gouda was a very amusing character that I found easy to root for while still managing to crack up over most of his over-the-top attempts backfiring, but I actually felt kind of bad for the guy in the end.

All of his insane hard work to win her over, and he comes soooooo very close to doing so, only to fail because Akane is still harboring feelings for a guy she has zilch chance with.

I also loathe it when one character turns down another for this reason. It's just so sad, because those harbored feelings are going to amount to nothing, whereas the other character standing right there in front of you...

When you really think about it, the sheer number of people that Takayuki managed to severely hurt either directly, or indirectly, is rather impressive...

Not only all the girls that were interested in him, but also all the guys that were interested in Akane who she turned down because she couldn't get over Takayuki, and this is especially true for Gouda.