View Single Post
Old 2012-05-13, 02:59   Link #199
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
We're all judging based on appearances here, but...while he is clearly designed to be a villain, Shin doesn't strike me as the Schneizel-type. In fact...with those finger claws (or whatever they are) I'd expect him to be more ruthless, less calm and collected. Schneizel didn't really get his hands dirty...well, aside from shooting Diethard after becoming Zero's slave. But most of the time, he simply manipulated people from behind the scenes and never got too involved.

To me, Shin looks like he would be willing to get into a mecha or, quite literally, cross swords with Akito. Who, as said before, is probably his half-brother or something.

Just as well, Jean doesn't really make me think of Cornelia. If anything, I'd rather compare her to early season one Villetta (when she was basically Jeremiah's assistant, at least for a short while) in terms of design/role, but that still says nothing about what her attitude will be. Her expression seems more stern or even blank.
Yes well, Shin/Xing (can I just call him Evil-Hyuuga? ) is a knight after all, so we already know that he's trained in combat and is going to be more hands on. In fact, with Akito, both the lead character and the main villain (as shown so far) are combat soldiers, not planners. This is clearly the direction that the director Akane is planning to take this OVA - it will be more action packed and about the danger of actual combat, instead of planning and scheming in the background.

Gimme my sword fights now!
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote