Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-28, 13:17   Link #1682
August138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
So my guess is Kitano survives the trip and goes to the Academy to become an officer and get his transfere to the Navigation Division rather than Tactical Division. It would explain why not only is the bridge crew comfortable with him in New Voyages, but also why he didn't seem awed by Yamato like the rest of the freshly graduated cadets. Also why Shiima and Kodai would be willing to let him do their jobs at least for part of the trip. Never did find out what (officially) happened to him after that.
Kitano's bio on the official Y2199 website states that he aspired to be a Navigator/Pilot, but his aptitude tests placed him in Tactical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Miki is entire new. Sixth named female in Yamato's crew to have a listing. Assuming Yamato has three shift rotation (unknown if true at this time), we have the three shift for radar covered (Yuki, Miki, and Yuria). Why the radar has all female staff for the bridge potition is unknown. My guess is excellent multi-tasking skills are required to handle the job.
Her bio on the official Y2199 website mentions that she's pals with Kitano (since they share the same bridge shifts, I imagine).