View Single Post
Old 2008-12-29, 17:54   Link #221
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
A big part of what Nina became in R2, was because of all the garbage Schneizel was feeding her. And each time, he told her "that's what Euphie would want you to believe".

And why wouldn't Nina believe him? Schneizel was Euphie's brother, shouldn't he know Euphie more than most? And the nice man was giving her nice dresses and all the funding she needs for her research, all for Euphie's sake...

Schneizel's actions were once defended by many posters on this forum for a long time. Some even suggested that he should become Emperor for there to be a happy ending, that he was somehow the only good guy in the show. Nina, Suzaku, and Ougi, at one point or another, had all became Schneizel's shield, blocking him from blame because they each made a spectacle of themselves and diverted attention away from the puppet master.
I'm not too surprised, really. Fandoms are full of hyperbole at times. There were people who felt Lelouch totally deserved the mind wipe he got from Charles between the two seasons, even though it was Charles who deserved to get his just desserts in the first place for being responsible for what Lelouch had become, and what Lelouch wanted to stop.

Quote:
Schneizel was punished. Very severely might I add, by Lulu's standards. He became a servant of Zero for life, using his intellect to serve the world's protector against his will.
Indeed. And even as a staunch opponent of the Code of Hammurabi, I really don't think Schneizel deserved a second chance. Had he been allowed his own free will, he would have likely continued his own plot for world domination. He was a bad seed.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote