View Single Post
Old 2009-09-24, 01:51   Link #1980
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawk View Post
Vexx pretty much put it best. When you step back and try to consider the universe on the vast scale that it really is, that we exist where we are and how we are out of what you might consider as "chance", isn't so difficult to swallow. Science has ultimately allowed us enough *consistantly verifiable* data about our existance and the universe to know that it, at the very least *does not require* a divine intelligence behind it for things to be as they are.

Even if there was some sort of "godly" power behind it, in all likelyhood, it wouldnt be any of the gods as they are described in any of the worlds various religions because how they have been described does not jive with any of the consistantly verifiable data that we currently have of the universe.
Like I've said:"...hm..but yeah..it could be that .01%"(in truth, adding time as an unlimited variable, possibly 100% already.) The only missing factor is "when"----a factor that could be controlled by a powerful entity.

I am not removing the "automatic" as a possibility, but when I try to connect it to complex society/emotions/ and individual experience, it "feels"---using my intuition--lacking.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote