View Single Post
Old 2008-07-02, 12:06   Link #2042
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
I never bought Lelouch's explanation for Euphie's defiance. I don't think that it was because it was against her character to do so. If that were the case, neither of the people that Lelouch has ordered to die valued his or her life very much, Shirley didn't feel strongly enough about Lelouch to resist forgetting it all, Darlton wasn't loyal enough to refrain from taking his princess out. Nah, I would rather like to think that Lelouch needs to form resolve before he gives a command. "The power of persuasion". The Geass he put on Euphie was a mistake. He made a passing remark and was joking with her, he didn't even know that his Geass had activated. If someones voice behind you startles you and makes you spin around and your hand accidentally hits the owner of the voice in his face it won't inflict as much damage as an intentional punch in the face. I think this works in the same way. Unless Lelouch forms some resolve and knowingly delivers an order I suspect that the Geass won't carry enough persuasive power to fully alter the mind of the victim.

I don't know, I'm probably wrong, but this has been my take on what happened ever since Stage 23 aired.

(Oh my Geass... I'm soo off topic.)
Well his geass is very powerful so you may be right in this claim, I just thought that Euphie's will was strong enough to break it when it came down to Suzaku or she could of just been weak from the wound and the geass was also effected by it.
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote