View Single Post
Old 2008-12-05, 16:59   Link #1223
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
I think at least one of the fights will be Yami master vs Yami master, just as Berserker vs Hermit was the internal fight from Ragnarok arc. We've already seen Diego's disciples emphasize their independence twice, once when they challenged Sho Kano and again when they flipped off Gaidar's troops. Sooner or later , they'll face repurcussions, and I'm hoping Diego will end up fighting for them against Yami.

Does anyone else think the manga has focused much more on school setting since Kenichi's draw with Sho? For mine, I'm glad to see that teenage life feel restored to the manga. The differing personalities of Miu, Kenichi, Boris, Rachel and Chikage can come across much more naturally in a school environment rather than in fights. And the instructors, school clubs and classes add additional flavour to the story.

The reformation of Boris was the best handled yet, because :
1) It wasn't over the top turning him into a Shinpaku groupie or disciple of justice.
2) Rather than Kenichi turning him, it was more his natural affection towards his sensei .
3) While Boris hasn't turned completely, it's heavily implied that he's on a better path now if he can escape his master's influence.
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote