View Single Post
Old 2009-11-12, 15:01   Link #89
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

I feel Mikoto is by far the most interesting character in the show, because even when you strip away the powers she has the most 'real' personality, a mix of virtues and flaws: she has a sense of justice (which she can fulfill with her powers), but she's also vain and easily riled up. She has a sense of self-importance, but has very normal, typical, hobbies (like reading manga for free). And she has an admirable sense of responsiblity, but isnt mature enough to have proportion to know what is and is her fault. I felt that the Misaka arc, by far, was most interesting, especially her guilt over the Sisters. It was misplaced, over-fixated... but it was perfectly disproportionate for someone who's still a young girl in many ways. She thinks she's older/better, but she's really still a middle schooler, and that sort of attitude is just precious.

Misaka is interesting because she isn't a pushover, but isn't invincible. She can be mature, but also very much the opposite. She is very much a person who, with a little luck and good support, would grow into an admirable woman. Which is by far my favorite type of character.

Plus the fact she wears shorts is so much better than panty-shot fanservice.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote