Thread: Licensed Yosuga no Sora
View Single Post
Old 2010-10-01, 09:24   Link #160
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's funny because the way I see it, it seems the anime is going much more straightforward about that content. "more faithful"... about what? usual adaptations?
I fail to see how you can make such conclusion whereas we haven't seen any sizable portions of the adaptations. It isn't like glimpse of 5min footage at most would allow that kind of expectation, unless you have a crystal ball.
I think the logic is simply "it's an ero game!" --> "they're showing ero content!" --> "they're being faithful to the fact that it's an ero game!" This is exactly the same thing that was said about Shukufuku no Campanella's fanservice scenes, despite the balance there too being "adjusted". Really, only those who have played the original game are in a position to judge whether or not the adaptation is faithful to the original work.

As you suggested, I think it's a matter of emphasis. In this case, the original game certainly did have a certain amount of sexual tension, but this was mostly played beneath the surface. If they choose to be more upfront in the presentation, it could make for a more sexually charged show overall. The other difference is a matter of perspective; a lot of the anime scenes we've been shown feature the heroines on their own, but the original game was told from the perspective of the Haruka, the protagonist. From this new sort of "all-seeing" perspective, you will see aspects of the story that were previously unspoken and unseen. Whether these adjustments will help tell the game's original story, or allow them to tell a different story... well, only time will tell.

(I also want to point out that there is also the possibility of them showing some scenes that are deliberately misleading. That one clip seems like a classic example of that, though I haven't seen the rest of this new PV yet.)