View Single Post
Old 2012-08-09, 17:10   Link #1094
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
are you thinking that he would want to try to take over edo-madara's body?
Sort of. I was actually thinking Tobi might've already done something similar to Obito. But it just recently occurred to me that if he did, he probably wouldn't have needed to fear Konan's attacks so much. So scratch that idea. For now, I think I'll just settle for the theory that the body he's in is not his own and leave it at that.

Still, for someone like Orochimaru, or Tobi, possessing an edo tensei'd corpse seems like the next logical step so long as a method was developed to ensure that the possessor couldn't lose control of the corpse by the host or by an outside influence. Afterall, they seem to have near unlimited stamina & chakra and they can't be killed by traditional means since they regenerate from virtually any injury. Even Kinjutsu spammage becomes a viable tactic for edo tensei'd corpses. Oh yeah, they also don't seem like they've got any expiration dates to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
in the narutoverse i wouldn't call it impossible, but i would think that edo-madara for instance, would be too powerful to try to mentally take over like that. orochimaru, although weakened at the time, couldnt even take over a pre-MS sasuke
With the benefits of an edo tensei'd corpse at their disposal, I question whether it would be very practical to have to place so much importance on the host anymore. Because so long as the possessor in question is a powerful shinobi, their knowledge and experience should benefit enough from an immortal body not bound by living physical limitations.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote