View Single Post
Old 2012-10-06, 17:30   Link #23
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Animation is highly acceptable; it's an adaptation from something that never even moved to begin with, so be thankful it doesn't move like "Kill Me Baby" or something like that. I will place one foot into the other side's territory however, and mention that the first episode did have too many slides and cutaways for my liking. I know it won't be a set thing, but still.

Revamped opening and the ending are both fantastic, loved them. Was sucked into Yui Horie's performance that I almost forget she voiced Riki; that seiyuu knows her stuff. Has a touch of Clannad with the pop-up achievement moments, and boy are the characters as lovable as ever. Although I already played the VN, I'm still excited for the entirety of this series.

Here's to its success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ah~... Hm? Mm... Well, I can't say it was an impressive episode, but it is a first episode and it did the job of introducing the main characters. I'm sure there will be more happenings as it goes on.
Though since I never did the original source, I can't tell how closely JC is following it. Though one thing I hope is that the big revelation isn't the same type as Clannad and Kanon, considering both were similar and all three were by the same company...

Although I have seen the OP before and was pretty surprised that the anime used the exact same song.
Spoiler for Comparison to the game:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-06 at 18:44.